by Anna K
Nom nom nom. One of my Metabolic Balance clients has shared her very yummy Moreton Bay Bug recipe
- Moreton Bay Bug meat
- bone broth
- Saute garlic in ghee and add bug meat, salt and pepper then cook bugs until brown
- Remove bugs from pan and put aside to rest
- Add “riced” cauliflower with some finely chopped zucchini and leek to the bug pan. Add a dash of bone broth for flavour.
- Stir in hot pan until just warmed (no longer than 1-2 mins)
- Stir through fresh dill just before putting vegetable rice on the plate. Add bugs to the vegetable mix.
This recipe would work for fish, most seafood and even poultry!
Omit ghee if you are still in the Strict Phase 2 without oil phase.